The sun is out and its starting to feel like summer. I love this time of the year, pottering around my garden, laying on the grass listening to the birds sing while I watch the cotton wool clouds drift over the top of me and reading a good book in the warm of the sun.
At this time of the year I never really fancy a lot for lunch, i may have some humus with raw vegetables or cracker bread with slices of cheese and a juice tomato. But today I fancied a smoothie while sat out in the garden reading a good book so I made one of my favorite smoothies, blueberry and banana. (I know blueberries are not in season yet but my local fruit and veg shop had them on offer over the weekend and I could not resist)
Lunch time break. Homemade blueberry and banana smoothie with a good book. What more could a girl want?
Blueberry & Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 chopped banana
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt (I only use have a cup because I use lactose free plain yogurt but you can add more yogurt to get the consistency that you like)
- 1 cup of milk ( I use almond milk but you can use what ever milk you would like)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Place all your ingredients into a smoothie maker (if you have one) and blend or if you are like me and don’t have a smoothie maker pop all your ingredients into a jug and use a hand blender to whiz up your smoothie.
- Find a nice spot in the sun, with a good book and enjoy.
Whats your favorite smoothie recipe?