Photo Taken By Benjamin Rowe
This time of the year I love to make homemade gifts for our loved ones. But like in most families those loved ones don’t just come in the form of humans but animals as well. In my family this takes the form of my parents two dogs who everybody in the family adore, my children get really excited when they come over to stay at our house and when we go over to visit them.
So why leave these lovely dogs out of the homemade Christmas gift list I asked my self? But not knowing where to start to make them a delicious homemade treat I hit the internet for ideas, when I came across the most easy simple but delicious treat I could make them by Tidy Mom.
Makes around 15 – 20 cookies depending on the size of your cookie cutter
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oat meal
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (natural or organic)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Knead dough into a ball.
- On a well floured piece of waxed paper, pat dough ball out until flat, then place another piece of wax paper on top of dough and roll out to 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter or glass to cut out treats, place on unlined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
What delicious treats are you making your pets this Christmas?