The other day I confessed to you all that I have a diet coke addiction, I was really nervous about tell you about my addiction and how I plan to wean myself off diet coke. The support I received from all of you has been overwhelming and I would like to say a massive THANKYOU to all of you for your support.
One of my lovely readers Nicbilby left me a comment suggesting that I made some homemade lemonade to keep in the fridge to help me to stop grabbing a bottle of diet coke when I wanted a cold drink. Nicbilby was then kind enough to share her family lemonade recipe with me. So this morning I was up bright and early and thought I would give making my own lemonade a try. I was a little bit worried I would not like the taste due to my taste buds being a bit off with all diet coke they had endured over the last few years.
- 3 Lemons
- Sugar (Granulated or Caster sugar is fine)
- Hot Water
- Cold Water
- Add 3/4 cups of sugar depending on how sweet you would like it and 1 cup of boiling water to a saucepan.
- Gentle simmer your mixture until all the sugar has melted and take of the heat.
- Add 1 cup of fresh lemon juice (I found this was round 3 lemons depending on the size) and stir into the syrup.
- Add 3 cups of cold water and stir, then taste your lemonade. If its not to your taste keep adding a cup of cold water at a time until your lemonade is to your taste.
- Take a reusable glass bottle and pour your homemade lemonade into your bottle. (I used a funnel to help me not make a mess at this point and I placed into my funnel some muslin to take out the lemon bits as although I don’t mind the bits I know my children wood.
- Place your bottles (In one batch I made 2 bottles and 1 glass worth of lemonade) into the fridge ready for when you would like a refreshing drink.
My Homemade Lemonade
Thank you Nicbilby for sharing this recipe with us and I absolutely love this lemonade and I really do feel this is the perfect replacement for my diet coke.
Have you got any homemade drinks that your family enjoys and would like to share with us?
If you do either leave the recipe below in the comments section or email me at email@example.com
So looking forward to trying out all your homemade drinks