Last year I took part in Zero Waste Week for the first time and not only learnt a lot about food waste, I had loads of fun along the way. So this year when I was asked if I would be an ambassador for Zero Waste week I jumped at the challenge.
This year’s theme is ‘One More Thing’ What more thing could you do to reduce waste? This can be anything from
- Packing your shopping into reusable shopping bag instead of plastic bags.
- Reduce your food waste by making a weeks worth of meal plans and writing a shopping list before you go shopping.
- Slowing down your fashion by only buying clothes that you actually need rather than keeping up with the last fashion, shopping for your clothes in charity shops or embellishing and adapting the clothes you already have.
- Refusing to buy anything that is wrapped in single use plastic or reducing your single use plastic to zero.
- Decluttering your home and either donating your clutter to charity, freecycle etc.. or selling your clutter on ebay. (What you don’t need any more there is someone who is always someone looking for it)
These are just a few examples of some of the things you could do during Zero Waste Week.
So you have decided what you can do to reduce your waste during Zero Waste Week, what now? All you need to do is sign up to Zero Waste by filling out a simple form and stating your pledge for the week. Just before September the 1st you will receive a couple of emails to help you on your way before you start your challenge so you are well prepared, then during the week you will recive emails to help you through your challenge. But thats not just it, on Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest you will be able to share your journey and receive tips to help you through the week.
I pledge to be
Before Zero Waste week I will be blogging about my preparations I need to make so I can succeed in achieving our pledge to the full and during the week I will be blogging every day the highs and lows we are going through to succeed to be completely zero plastic free. I will also be posting photos of our journey on Instagram, posting tips on reducing waste on my Facebook / Twitter / Google+ pages and I will be involved in conversations on these pages about the importance / tips on zero waste. I will also be pinning any useful information on my Pinterest page.
I am also offering during the week a personal support to all you lovely people either through skype calls, personal phone call or personal email to help you achieve your pledge during the week. If you would like to take me up on this personal support drop me an email at mommyemu.gmail.com to arrange an appointment for your skype / personal call or for the personal email support. (Please state in your email your pledge for Zero Waste Week)
I am so excited about this upcoming challenge and I look forward to reading about all your pledges and your journey through the week.
What are you pledging during zero waste week?