We love bananas in our house but sometimes by the time we get to the end of the week there is is a couple of stray bananas left in the fruit bowl that no one is interested in eating just because they are slightly brown and smell really bananary.
I love this simple quick and easy recipe to use up those stray bananas and create a quick pudding on the go when the children ask “Is there any pudding tonight mum?”
Makes 4 puddings
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas (depending on size)
- 250g natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 6 or 7 chocolate digestive biscuits (or any left over biscuits left in the bottom of the biscuit tin)
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Mash up the bananas in a bowl
- Add the yogurt, brown sugar, lemon juice and mix well.
- Take 4 pudding dishes or any bowl individual bowls you are going to serve your pudding in and equally divided your banana mixture between each bowl.
- Place your biscuits into a reusable plastic bag and gently crush up the biscuits into pieces. (I use a rolling pin to break mine up) The size of the pieces are completely up to you, we like quite big pieces.
- Sprinkle the crushed biscuits over the top of your banana mixture.
- You can either serve your pudding like this or you can slightly mix the biscuits into you banana mixture its completely up to you.
- Serve your pudding straight away or you can refrigerate for up too 60 minutes while you enjoy your main meal.
What lovely recipes do you like to use when there are stray bananas in your fruit bowl?