Its that time of the year were we wake up and go to bed and its dark out side, its starting to get colder and everything starts to feel damp. Which is when the little people in my family start to catch nearly ever bug that seems to be going around the school and then spreading those germs through our house.
Lemons are packed full of vitamins, citric acid, calcium, mineral salt, iron, magnesium and copper. Which can help us fight infections, infectious diseases, fevers, sore throat , loss of appetite, heart burn, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, common colds, and mouth ulcers just to name a few.
In fact lemons can help us fight lots a illness that I would normally run off to the chemist and get a potion to help me combat the latest illness in our house which is full of all sorts of chemicals.
(Please note I am not a heath practitioner and please visit your doctor if your symptoms require medical assistance)
- 1 Lemon
- Half a glass of water
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a saucepan, then pour in half a glass of water and bring to the boil for a few minutes.
- Stain the lemon water into a cup or mug and sweeten with a little honey.
- This honey and lemon drink is best drunk hot before going to bed but can also be drunk hot or cold during the day if you wish.
- 1 Lemon
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon into a glass and drink undiluted. (the minerals and salts in lemons have a regulatory effect on the bowels)
- 1 Lemon
- Cut one lemon in half and squeeze half of the lemon into a glass and dilute by filling the glass with cold water. Drink first thing in the morning at least 15 minutes before eating or drinking anything. (Do this every morning)
( If you would like to cut out your cravings for sugary drinks, drink half the juice of lemon in cold water every time you crave a sugary drink. Do this for 2 – 3 weeks and after this time you will not crave sugary drinks as much or not at all.)
Do you use lemons to stay healthy?
What recipes do you use to combat illness at this time of year?