We are so lucky to live just 15 minutes away from the beach and able to go and build sand castles when ever we would like but some times the weather is against us at this time of the year so we decided to bring the beach to our kitchen table by making some homemade moon sand.
All you need is :-
- Measure into a bowl 4 cups of flour
- Add 1/2 a cup of baby oil to the flour
- Rub the baby oil and flour together
- You will end up with a mixture that looks like a crumble mixture
- Spoon into a tray and then enjoy making your sand castles
I found that there was not enough mixture for two little Emu’s and I had to make 4 matches of homemade moon sand so they had plenty each to play with.
The girls had hours of fun playing with our homemade beach creating sandcastles just as we do when we go to our local beach.
Not to be out done by all the fun my teenage son also joined in and joined us making moon sand and building sand castles.
To add a bit extra fun to your homemade moon sand you could add a drop of food coloring and make rainbow moon sand.
Hope you have as much fun bringing the beach to your kitchen table as we have.