First I would like to thank aperture64 nominating Emus Upcycled Gifts for the Libster Blog award, this was a lovely surprise on a cold rainny day and I will do my up-most to to keep to the Liebster Blogging standard
The rules for the Liebster Award are
- Include a link back to the blogger who gave you this award
- Grab the badge above and post the award to your blog
- Post 11 things about yourself
- Answer the questions below asked of you plus create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate 11 people that you think deserve the award and link them to your post (see below)
The rules here say to nominate 11 people but in some research on the award I found the origins of the award only had the stipulations to nominate 5 blogs which I find more realistic than 11.
- Go to their pages and tell them they have been chosen – please “pay it forward, don’t pay it back”
Here am my answers to the questions apperture64 asked me during nominating Emu for this fantastic award.
1. The last book you read?
I have been interested for a while in printing my own fabric and creating my own block print designs. This book has been a very interesting read and although I have read it over and over again a few times it has a perfect home on my bedside table. 2. Favorite photographer? My favorite photographer has to be my brother Ben Rowe. I love this natural style and his eye for detail, my house is filled with different photographs that Ben has taken over the years.
3. Favorite picture? Has to be this photo my brother took of my children a few years back now. I love the way he has captured them both together with big brother looking after his little sister. But its is really hard to choose 1 favorite I have about 100 favorites.
4. Most used app/function on your phone?
This is really hard because I love all the apps on my iPhone and use them all nearly every day. But I must say the Instagram app is used most of all as I love taking photos of my family, places we visit and my design process.
5. Last good film you watched?
I don’t normally have time to to curl up and watch a film but recently I was really poorly and found this film on the television. This film is extremely funny and mirrored my life of rushing around doing school runs, kids clubs, school fairs and running around for my job. If you want to watch a light hearted film I would recommend this one.
6. Last bad film you watched?
This film sounded good on the back of the DVD box but when I came to watch it I fell asleep half way through because it was so slow and completely boring!
7. If a tree fell in a wood and no one was there, would it make a sound?
Interesting question and I would think it most defiantly would and I would guess not a quite one either.
8. If you could take a pill to stop ageing, would you do it?
I don’t even have to think about this one! No I would not because beauty comes from with in not externally.
9. What is the tallest mountain in the world (it’s not what you think)?
Well I never really new the answer to this so I cheated and searched the would wide web and found that Mount Everest is the tallest mountain.
10. What is the largest living thing in the world?
I always thought a whale was the the biggest living thing in the world after all the dinosaurs were made extincted but no I was wrong when I went on the hunt to answer this question. It is in fact a honey mushroom which apparently stretches 3.5 miles covering an area of around 1,600 football fields with most of this fungus being hidden under ground. Wow the things you learn every day.
11. Three witches, watch three watches, which witch watches which watch?
I don’t have any idea on the answer and although I tried looking up to see if this was a film I still could not even find out if it was a film. Sorry I am completely stumped on this one.
Here’s 11 things about me you may not know
- I trained to be a Nursery Nurse went on to work in a Special needs school specializing in communication.
- I cant eat dairy or gluten but I love all the food that contain both and will make my self ill for a large slice of thick chocolaty homemade cake. (I am so naughty)
- I love reading biographies when we go away on family holidays.
- I spend most of my time during spring and summer months in our family garden growing vegetables and bright colorful flower beds with my youngest daughter.
- I am Dyslexic.
- I love the 1950’s era.
- I am addicted to car boot sales and skip raiding.
- I spend my free time creating lovely homemade interior for my family home
- I love Costa Coffee and have a mocha from Costa every Sunday morning as a treat
- I spend hours walking across our local beach when I need to clear my head
- I enjoy the simple things in life, if it comes with a manual I am just not interested.
My nominations for the Liebster Blog Award
- A Beautiful mess – http://www.abeautifulmess.com
- Home to roost – http://hometoroostblog.wordpress.com
- Sun and Glory – http://sunandglory.com
- Patchwork Harmony – http://patchworkharmony.blogspot.co.uk
- Larna Red – http://lanared.blogspot.co.uk
11 questions for my nominees
- Were is your favorite place you like to visit?
- If you could travel to any part of the world were would that be?
- What book do you currently have on your bedside table?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Whats your favorite craft or DIY project?
- What was the last thing you made?
- What is the one thing you would like to learn how to do?
- What was the last film you watched that moved you?
- What was the last film you watched that you fell asleep too?
- What is your favorite television program
- What is your most favorite electronic gadget you have bought?